Here is a short list of some life-changing books I’ve read and re-read fairly recently (in the last few years):
1. The Bible – I enjoy reading it, but Bible listening has become more of a priority during busy seasons… especially Genesis, Psalms, the gospel of John, and Ephesians.
2. Desiring God by John Piper* – This book taught me about true joy and convicted me as to how little I really have in the most important areas of my life – my worship, my relationships, and my work.
3. Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson – This was an inspirational book that dared me to live by the Spirit and to courageously flee the cage of my fear of failure.
4. What’s So Amazing about Grace? by Philip Yancey – Until I read this book, I never understood what grace really was and it’s powerful implications for my life. This book made me realize how much I lived by my own self-righteousness and the law – and gave me hope without condemnation.
5. Every Man’s Battle by Stephen Arterburn – Everyone has an Achille’s heel – mine is lust. This book gave me the tools to have victory in this area and then to help others do the same.
6. Wild at Heart by John Eldridge – Having sons (4) is both a great privilege and a heavy responsibility. This book gave me direction to direct them into manhood.
7. Heaven by Randy Alcorn – This is THE new authority on the millenium and Heaven. It opened my eyes to the greatest reality and shifted my perspective about my future.
Other Great Books I’ve Recently Read & Recommend:
– Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman
– Radical by David Platt
– Adopted for Life by Russell Moore
– Deadline by Randy Alcorn*
– Humility: True Greatness by C.J. Mahaney
*denotes a favorite author
Do you have a book that has changed your life? Recommend it to me below… Thanks!